About Co-Active Coaching A “Co-Active Coaching” style is one in which the client and coach develop a relationship, are active collaborators and this alliance is for the purpose of meeting the client’s needs. Further, co-active coaching involves a belief that the client is naturally creative, resourceful and whole and that it addresses the client’s whole life. Coaching helps clients articulate their dreams, desires and aspirations, help them clarify their mission, life purpose, and personal goals, and help them achieve those outcomes. It works.
Coaches are trained to listen, observe, challenge, encourage and motivate people to live the lives they really want to live. The coach’s job is to provide support to enhance the skills, resources and creativity the client already has. Coaching helps improve quality of life and relationships at home or at work. It can be very powerful.
For many of us, peak experiences we have known in our life have shaped us in significant ways. These experiences inform our values, needs and desires for fulfillment in all aspects of our life.
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
Neil and Peak coaching is about working together with professionals and managers to discover their hidden talents, help get them re-energized about life and career, begin to enjoy a balanced lifestyle with less stress, have more fun and realize their dreams.
When you work with Neil as your coach you will be asked provocative and powerful questions, you will set some personal goals, clarify your values, and you will discover many of your hidden talents!
Coaches like Neil focus on your wants, needs, goals, values, and invite you to talk about what really matters to you, your dreams, your aspirations and then help you to live them!
It is a rewarding experience that can last a lifetime.
If you have never experienced coaching and wondered what it is all about, here is your opportunity.
- FREE SAMPLE SESSION – I offer new clients a 45 minute free sample session. We will make a brief connection by phone to get to know each other. I will send you an e-mail with some short exercise to prepare and think about before the coaching call. We then set up a time for the call. In person meetings are possible upon request. It is YOUR call and YOUR agenda!
- Discovery session – this is where you and I get to know one another. We will have a conversation about what to expect, discuss confidentiality, and what you want to get from your coaching calls. You will be asked for feedback and any questions will be answered.
- Phone – generally my coaching is completed by telephone. No travel is required and timing can fit most people’s schedules.
- In Person – fact-to-face coaching sessions are not necessary, but can be arranged by request as it is recognized that some people may prefer this. In-person initial meetings will be arranged for corporate clients.
- Wheel of Life – in preparation for our first call I may send you an execise called the “Wheel of Life” to complete and rate various aspects of your life such as career, fun & recreation, money, personal growth, health, etc. This gets you thinking about levels of satisfaction with areas of your life.
- Structures – a structure is a method for helping people remember an action or commitment that will result from the coaching calls. These may include e-mail, voice mail, schedule, phone calls or other ideas that work best for the client. Accountability is a healthy part of our relationship.
- What to expect – to ensure the coaching relationship functions well, I will listen deeply to the client, give frank feedback and ask powerful questions. I will challenge the client and work to be their champion. An inquiry to think about between calls may be given and you may choose some homework to work on between calls. Remember, it is your agenda. Coaching could create a turning point in your life! You may be asked for feedback on our sessions and any questions addressed.